I'm Kelsy. I'm a nurse. I work the night shift on a crazy surgical unit and you would not believe the stuff that happens when sick people sleep. To hear more about that and other stories read on....

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Waves of Life

*written yesterday at the beach*

I watch the waves crashing in on this beach. Just like life the waves slam down like our own struggles and barriers, pummeling us into the sand.  They come in in sets.  Death, illness, divorce, loneliness, you name it.  We can let it envelope us, bury us, drown us.  Or we can rise above, tread water, go for a swim.  To those beautiful, annoying waves I say, "Bring it on."  Those waves can thrash about, but I am the one who is in control of how I react to them.  I will not give them power over me anymore.  I used to let the waves toss me about for a while before I'd ask someone to throw me a life-jacket, but I'm learning to let those waves go.  Don't take it personally.  Let them make me stronger.  Stand up underneath and triumph.
I know your struggles may be bigger than mine in comparison but don't compare, it does us no good.  Those issues are all mine, and yours are yours.  That's what makes us all unique.  Take each set of waves one at a time and soon you'll be feeling so strong, so able, so confident.  Before you know it, you'll be hopping those waves on jet-skis.

This is my pep-talk of the week for you.

1 comment:

Kaleena said...

GOOD PEP Talk Kels! Love reading your blog and love you!!!