I'm Kelsy. I'm a nurse. I work the night shift on a crazy surgical unit and you would not believe the stuff that happens when sick people sleep. To hear more about that and other stories read on....

Sunday, June 3, 2012

Boiling Point

I could feel it rising in me.  My stomach churned, my skin tingled.  I wanted to yell.  I wanted to get angry.  So bad.  Blood boiling in my veins.
Top ten worst patients ever.  Definitely.  Maybe top five, for sure.  So mean.  So ungrateful.  Sense of entitlement.  Rude.  Impatient.  Critical.  Disrespectful.  Loud.  Disruptive.  Patients like this weigh on me.  I wish they didn't.  I think there will come a time when I can brush them off, not take it internally.  Let it go.  But I'm not there yet.  I like to know that I improved the situation by morning.  That's my goal.  I want the patient to feel better by morning.  Whether it be pain, outlook, or diagnosis.  I want it to be better.  I think I need to let go of those expectations when dealing with certain patients.
The good thing is....I'm having a nice long weekend to myself.  I needed a little 'me' time.  Sorry to those of you that I told I would call.  I have a list of people I want to see, to hang out with, talk with.  But right now I just can't.  If there's one thing I believe in it's self-care, and that's what I'm doing.  I'll come back to reality shortly.
PS- Happy Anniversary Ma and Pa Bee!!  
You've been married so long I can't even remember what year it is!
Love you!!

1 comment:

Kaleena said...

KELSY!!! It has been too long since I read your blog! I never get on the computer anymore - but I love reading your blog - makes my day when I do because I can hear your voice coming through in every word you write!!! I miss you bunches and its only been 2 weeks!!! Goodness!