I'm Kelsy. I'm a nurse. I work the night shift on a crazy surgical unit and you would not believe the stuff that happens when sick people sleep. To hear more about that and other stories read on....

Monday, January 31, 2011

Life is Good.

*Written a few weeks ago. Sorry, all out of words today. Maybe something exciting will happen at work tonight.

______________________________________________

Today I’m skiing. All on my own. Ipod plugged into my ears.

I feel free. I feel good. Happy.

The wind blows through my hair. I lick my lips. I keep licking my lips. They will be chapped by the end of the day.

Bending my knees, I pick up speed. I feel like I’m on the edge of the world. Somehow I stay on the ground. I throw my arms in the air as I come around the corner and see the amazing view this mountain provides. I can see for miles.

My camelback tubing is frozen. I guess no water for me, snow falling on my tongue will have to do. I eat the Starburst my dad gave me. They’ve been in my pocket all day and I have to suck on them to soften them up.

I lean my head back while riding the lift. The snow falls on my face. I’m singing.

Things are right. They are as they should be.

Everything’s alright.

Life is good and I am thankful.

3 comments:

Kelsey said...

You've got a way with words, girl! So poetic! You make me want to strap on my skis and get back up to the mountain :)

Julie said...

I can picture it perfectly. Bummer we didn't make it this weekend but maybe next time. :) Glad life is good...

~Sue said...

You have been given (and share with us) the gift of gratitude!